End-to-end informatics solution for complete forensic life cycle
Manage critical case data in one secure, seamless forensic informatics platform
To speed forensic investigations, you need a laboratory informatics platform that is highly reliable, flexible, and purpose-built for the specialized needs of managing forensic evidence and data. LabVantage Forensic Navigator™ is that solution, providing traditional LIMS capabilities and much more.
For each investigation, all relevant stakeholders – from law enforcement to prosecution – are connected by a comprehensive platform with a single source of data, eliminating discrepancies and redundancies. A secure online portal in Forensic Navigator provides stakeholders with real-time access to role-relevant data, including the ability to make requests for testing, check on status, and download copies of final reports.
Meeting the needs of all stakeholders across the forensic life cycle:
Crime scene investigators can document the scene from start to finish, uploading images and videos, capturing scene-processing activities, documenting law enforcement participants, and posting related reports
Medical examiners can document external and autopsy observations, track next-of-kin, capture interview notes and more
Forensic supervisors and examiners can manage all aspects of the analytical process from assignment through review of final report
Lab managers can be confident SOPs are followed and turnaround times are on track
Lab operations and equipment managers can manage and calibrate instruments, including liquid-handling equipment, ending noncompliance, and ensuring proper maintenance of equipment
Quality control managers can leverage SDMS functionality so files are securely stored with full traceability and search functions.
See How Forensic Navigator Serves the Full Forensic Life Cycle
The Power of Forensic Navigator
- Streamline processes and boost efficiency, from evidence intake, assignment, and testing, to reporting and review
- Expedite sexual assault kit tracking, keeping all stakeholders informed through the online portal, including victims
- Achieve and document unbreakable chain-of-custody, including person-to-person and person-to-secure-location transfers
- Organize case management, including persons involved, case contacts, tests and reports, and attachments
- Quickly locate evidence at a moment’s notice and manage disposition activities for reliable case-building
- Pool siloed data to yield highly reliable forensic intelligence for confident decision-making and rapid case resolution
- Extract real-time, meaningful information from the vast amounts of data collected, based on your role
- Meet ISO 17025, CAPAs, and CALEA, 21 CFR 11, Annex 11, EPA, and GxP standards and regulations