A. Job Description Objective
Research and generate documentation for LIMS software, including conceptual, technical reference, user, and installation manuals.
Assigned to documentation projects such as user manuals, installation manuals, help documents, and tutorials. Ensures that complex documentation projects are effectively planned, scheduled, researched and written. Develops and coordinates appropriate documentation procedures.
Develop methodologies and procedures to ensure that complex documentation projects are effectively planned, scheduled, researched, written, reviewed, and delivered.
B. Responsibilities include the following:
This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Author product documentation involving design, development, implementation and maintenance of LV products, systems, policies and procedures, necessary to effectively meet operational regulatory requirements.
- Track development activity and research information through attending design meetings, conducting interviews, and using iterative software builds.
- Translate complex concepts to documentation used by system administrators and end-users necessary for successful implementation
- Research and develop tools, methodologies, and procedures for generating and maintaining multiple documentation projects.
- Ensure procedures are developed and maintained in help format for technical communication.
- Employ a variety of software programs for the development of HTML-based Help format(s) for procedures, on the-job checklists, and other instructional materials.
C. Job Qualifications Necessary
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in the field
- Minimum of 8 years of technical communication experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Laboratory or Life Sciences background preferred.
- Experience with Java and Application Servers preferred.
- Proficient PC Skills