Job Title: Sr. Solutions Engineer – India
Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Department: Professional Services
Reports To: Managing Consultant
A. Job Description Objective
Senior Solution Engineer will be involved in advanced configuration, design, development, testing and deployment of LabVantage system configurations. Oversee the applications developed by the professional services engineering team, by utilizing key skills such as Java based programming, web development, database and LABVANTAGE product knowledge. The Senior Solution Engineer will also provide a mentoring role to all other junior engineering team members. Responsible for reviewing application design, reusability of components and develop best practices in project implementation. This will include overseeing the technical training of India based Applications Programmers as well as ensuring that they adhere to company coding standards and good programming practices. Additionally, this position will coordinate the activities of India Applications Programming Team with the onshore Business Analyst and Project Managers to deliver projects with high degree of quality.
B. Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/ responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Rank of Importance: 1
% Allocation: 40
- Act as Technical Designer for such projects being an expert on LabVantage software. Conduct Technical workshop with clients to discuss and propose future design of final software implemented through LabVantage as product. Produce High Level Design document in liaison with Business Analysts of a given LabVantage project. Technology Prototyping of target software using LabVantage and supporting technology such as – J2EE APIs, Web Services, Database as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Reporting Tool as JasperSoft.
- Liaison with technology developer to explain and handover the produced software design using LabVantage framework. Act as active LabVantage software developer on projects in projects for quick turnaround. Active participation in code review and testing.
- Liaison with LabVantage R & D team for future out-of-box LabVantage product design, system defects identification, enhancements.
- Liaison with clients for User Acceptance Testing process, identify any issue and plan for quick turnaround for resolution.
- Provide Technical User Training to customer for tailored software using LabVantage.
- Ensures that projects are delivered on schedule, meets quality standard and within budget. Ensures projects are completed per corporate plan. Identifies the business and IT needs of key projects. Ensures staff remains knowledgeable of company’s products.
Rank of Importance: 2
% Allocation: 20
- Gather, develop, and document technical business requirements for customer projects. Transform the users’ functional requirements in to technical requirements leveraging both the LabVantage framework and functionality. Review application design, develop solutions for business requirements, build best practices for implementing projects using LabVantage.
Rank of Importance: 3
% Allocation: 20
- Train PS team members with latest version of the software and mentoring activities
Rank of Importance: 4
% Allocation: 15
- Communicate design issues and requirements between development, marketing, QA to design optimal and user applications software. Communicate project progress with Project Managers and Business Analysts, and coordinate project development work of the project team.
Rank of Importance: 5
% Allocation: 5
- Build and manage effective internal and external partnerships to ensure delivery of objectives.
C. Senior Solution Engineer responsibilities include the following:
This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Write code based on JAVA coding standards; that are neat, well structured, easy to follow and maintain.
- Direct support and ownership of LABVANTAGE Configuration Services.
- Identifying design alternatives when presented within the unexpected.
- Developing server-side components in Java using J2EE framework for web portal.
- Involved in various web-based development projects by creating documentation to existing site and designing/programming future releases.
- Collaborating with project lead to clarify definition of client requirements.
- Defining the problem domain in terms of business processes, business rules, and requirement for functionality, technology, and delivery to requirements specifications.
- It is expected that the senior Solution engineer position will also include reviewing feature testing scripts and production problems, etc.
- Provide design consultation to LabVantage Business Analysts, facilitate all communication between BA/PM and project team, interface with customers to deliver project from project development team, help define timelines and build quality solutions.
- After a project kick-off, assist BA in design aspects of FRS preparations.
- As part of project planning assist BA and PM by clarifying FRS solutions.
- Conduct white board sessions as needed with BA and Technical Project Leads/Developers.
- Communicate to PM the outcome/estimate of FRS review and assist in preparation of a functional level project plan as required by the customer.
- Review and resolve any outstanding high-level design issues with Technical Project Leads/Developers.
- Review pre-delivery checklists to ensure deliverables are achieved.
- Prepare project for delivery and respond to customer inquiries.
- Coordinate with BA to log issues in Issue Tracking system.
- Ensure well-documented hand-off to Support team.
- Liaison with R&D organization to resolve product related issues and feature enhancements.
D. Job Qualifications Necessary
- The Senior Solution Engineer must have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science / Engineering with 7 years of progressive experience or master’s in computer science/Application and 5 years of progressive technical experience in creating Java-driven Web Application
- Other desirable technical skills include Web Service, Ajax, Groovy and J-Query.
- System Analysis, in addition to domain knowledge of laboratory practice
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify ways to continuously improve processes which will help in delivering superior solutions on time and in
- Good communication skills. Must be able to intelligently present and defend ideas to pee
- Workable knowledge of Jasper reporting is desirable.
- Excellent skills in leadership, time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations and organizational
- Technical and comprehensive knowledge of broad business area.
- Approximately 25% of travel
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org