LabVantage (LV) is seeking a dual role Solutions Engineer & Customer Support Specialist to join our expanding European team.
Based in our office in Cyprus, the successful candidate will be a key member of our EMEA Professional Services Organisation.
In this role you will use your technical abilities to help implement solutions which meet the customer’s business needs (responsible for the design of projects through production and implementation – adhering to our Quality processes). You will utilize key skills such as Java based programming, web development, database knowledge, solution designing and teamwork to ensure success on customer projects.
The role also provides high quality technical applications support to our new customer base in the Cypriot territories and throughout EMEA – answering highly complex questions on function and usage of our products. It also serves to convey customer feedback to product development staff.
This is a diverse and involved role, which may also include the provision of some customer training courses and on site services. Some elements of this dual role are customer facing, therefore an outgoing personality is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (not an exhaustive list)
Customer Support Elements
- Provide help-desk support to the LV customer base for our Laboratory Information Management Products (LabVantage LIMS)
- Provide support diagnosis and fixes via telephone and on-line remote access to the customer system as required. Problems and queries will be logged and managed using the LV VantageCare Database.
- Communicate and follow-up product faults with the LV support and software development teams in the US.
- Experience of working with Windows software packages and tools. Experience of Linux/Unix is desirable, but not essential.
- Provide internal support for the LV office WAN – Window PC’s, NT servers, printers and e-mail.
- Keep abreast of product fixes and new releases.
- Provide product training classes to customers at our Monza training facility.
- Assist the implementation teams from time to time in setting up customer environments and building demonstration systems.
Solutions Engineer Elements
- Be responsible for creating the web using interfaces for key customer experiences and tasks, and considering solid interaction design.
- Illustrate drive for ease of use and simplicity despite complexity of web and desktop applications.
- Learn new technology and business concepts quickly.
- Be capable of defining and implementing interaction and visual design criteria, design guidelines, and design specs.
- Design and develop software solutions to enhance and expand the capabilities of LabVantage’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Database design coupled with software documentation, implementation, and installation.
- Define problem domains in terms of business processes, business rules, and requirement for
functionality, technology, and delivery to requirement specifications.
(combinations of some of the below will be considered)
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Experience with LIMS preferable
- Native language speaker with excellent written and spoken English (other languages an advantage). Good verbal and listening skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Strong customer focus with the tenacity to pursue a problem to its resolution.
- Experience of working with Windows/NT-based software packages and tools.
- Knowledge of working in Java/jsp, and or database understanding (Oracle/SQLServer).
- Ability to assimilate and analyze information and provide solutions to a diverse range of queries.
- Proven presentation/communication skills.
- Job related travel
LabVantage offers an excellent compensation package, including a salary commensurate with experience, and an outstanding benefits package. For immediate consideration, please send your CV with salary history to:
LabVantage Solutions Europe Ltd
Attn. Lynn Irvine
Buckinghamshire, HP12 3S
or email to email@example.com