Working within Professional Services and as a key member of a Project Team, the Solutions Engineer will use their technical abilities to help implement a solution to meet the customers business needs. The Solutions Engineer designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. They will participate in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. He/she will utilise key skills such as Java based programming, web development, database knowledge, solution designing and teamwork to ensure success on customer projects.
- Research, design and develop software systems to enhance LabVantage’s products. Develop functionality based on existing framework, compile requirements, implement and work in diverse areas of software development, modifications and upgrades.
- Develop requirements, specifications, design changes, enhancement, maintenance, and testing to new and modified application systems, ensuring a quality product is delivered and achieves business objectives.
- Represent company to major customers, industry analysts and the public.
- Support the development, implementation, enhancement, maintenance and documentation of application systems, application modules and subprograms.
- Communicate design issues and requirements between Development and Marketing and QA in order to design optimal and user applications software.
- Build and manage effective internal and external partnerships to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Write code that is neat, well structured, easy to follow and maintain.
- Identify design alternatives when presented with the unexpected.
- Develop server side components in Java for web portal.
- Involved in various web-based development projects by creating documentation to existing site and designing/programming future releases.
- Collaborate with project lead to clarify definition of client requirements.
- Define the problem domain in terms of business processes, business rules, and requirement for functionality, technology and delivery to requirements specifications.
- It is expected that the software engineer position will also include reviewing feature testing scripts and production problems etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science and 3-5 years experience creating Java-driven Web Applications.
- Strong relational database knowledge and experience using either Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Domain knowledge of laboratory practices and/or LIMS experience.
- Other desirable skills include: SOAP webservices implementation, JBoss, Weblogic, Ajax, JQuery, JSON, XML scripting languages, ANT or Maven experience, Toad, SOAP UI Tool, Intellij Idea or Eclipse.
- Ability to work independently on product and project issues.
- Good problem solving skills
- Superior communication skills. Must be able to intelligently present and defend ideas to peers.
- Ability to identify ways to continuously improve processes which will help in delivering superior solutions on time and in budget.
- Up to 50% customer travel/on-site time.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org