Solution Engineer – JASPER – India
Job Description Objective
Person should have a right balance of strong qualitative and analytical skills, excellent time management, communication, client interaction and coordination skills.
Proven experience in reports using iReport/Jasper Studio in designing and developing high-quality and maintainable reports. The person will have the primary responsibility for report development/analysis, including data validation. The person requires a thorough, detailed, creative, and sharp analytical skill who can effectively collaborate with others to identify report requirements, design features and specifications.
The person should have proficiency in using SQL and a deep understanding of relational databases and data warehousing. PL/SQL or programming in Oracle/SQL is preferable.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Solution Engineer – responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Knowledge of Jasper report development, installation and configuration.
- Knowledge of JasperSoft Architecture and Deployment .
- Experience in developing Complex Reports using JasperSoft Studio.
- Understand the Overall architecture of JasperSoft BI.
- Experience in leading a technical team and Interacting with stakeholders for requirement gathering and Analysis.
- Good knowledge in design and development, logical and physical data modeling (relational and dimensional).
- Co-ordinating and co-operating with the lead, project manager and the team.
- Technical co-ordination with implementation and the project testing team.
- Problem solving and thinking laterally as a part of a team or individually to meet the needs of the project.
Job Qualifications Necessary:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (B.E/B.Tech/MCA) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5+ years of demonstrated work experience in report design and development using JasperSoft/iReport.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in a recognized reporting tool set preferably Jaspersoft (iReports/Studio, Domains, Ad-Hoc Views and Dashboards).
- Strong report layout and presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of report server integration with web application.
- Experience handling and producing different file formats: CSV, XML, HTML, XLSX and PDF among others.
- Experience with common Java application development related technologies – Servlets, XML, JSP, HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Java script a plus.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to take initiative and accountability for results.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills.
- Strong track record of success with owning solutions from concept to completion.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge in SQL programming.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org