Solution Engineer (EMEA) – India
Job Description Objective
Solution Engineer will be involved in advanced configuration, design, development, testing and deployment of LabVantage system configurations. Oversee the applications developed by the professional services engineering team, by utilizing key skills such as Java based programming, web development, database and LABVANTAGE product knowledge. The Solution Engineer will also provide a mentoring role to all other junior engineering team members. Responsible for reviewing application design, reusability of components and develop best practices in project implementation. This will include overseeing the technical training of India based Applications Programmers as well as ensuring that they adhere to company coding standards and good programming practices. Additionally, this position will coordinate the activities of India Applications Programming Team with the onshore Business Analyst and Project Managers to deliver projects with high degree of quality.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/ responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
|Rank of Importance||%_Allocation||Description|
|1||60%||Analyze customer requirements outlined in functional requirement document and design, implement & develop solution based on LABVANTAGE product framework.|
|2||15%||Develop requirements, specifications, design changes, enhancement, maintenance, and J-Unit test scripts for new and modified application systems, ensuring a quality product are delivered and achieve business objectives.|
|3||10%||Represent company to major customers, industry analysts and the public.|
|4||10%||Communicate design issues and requirements between development, marketing, QA in order to design optimal and user applications software.|
|5||5%||Build and manage effective internal and external partnerships to ensure delivery of objectives.|
Solution Engineer responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Write code based on JAVA coding standards; that are neat, well structured, easy to follow and maintain.
- Direct support and ownership of LABVANTAGE Configuration Services.
- Identifying design alternatives when presented within the unexpected.
- Developing server-side components in Java using J2EE framework for web portal.
- Involved in various web-based development projects by creating documentation to existing site and designing/programming future releases.
- Collaborating with project lead to clarify definition of client requirements.
- Defining the problem domain in terms of business processes, business rules, and requirement for functionality, technology, and delivery to requirements specifications.
- It is expected that the Solution engineer position will also include reviewing feature testing scripts and production problems, etc.
Job Qualifications Necessary
- The Solution Engineer must have at least a bachelor’s degree in engineering or master’s in computer application and 4-6 years of technical experience with creating Java-driven Web Applications.
- Other desirable technical skills include Web Service, JSP, Ajax, Groovy and J-Query.
- System Analysis, in addition to domain knowledge of laboratory practices.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify ways to continuously improve processes which will help in delivering superior solutions on time and in budget.
- Good communication skills. Must be able to intelligently present and defend ideas to peers.
- Must be flexible to work during the normal European office hours for the purpose of strong communication and efficiency.
- Workable knowledge of Jasper reporting is desirable.
- Knowledge of German Language is desirable.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com