- Serving as primary liaison, between the company and multiple concurrent customer projects having primary responsibility for all project management tasks as part of the LABVANTAGE LIMS implementation projects. This role will also encompass developing, managing, and communicating detailed project plans to ensure that tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Develop and maintain project timelines and resources during length of project according to corporate plan. Ensures that billable
projects remain on schedule and within budget. Remains aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate risks; facilitating change order procedures as needed. Monitors project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members.
- Establish effective communication with other departments in order to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and effective manner. Interface with customer and internal project resources to convey project issues and gain status. Maintain customer satisfaction with consistent communication with all external and internal project resources.
- Compile monthly invoicing reports for each assigned project and associated resources. Compile monthly project status reports and distribute to the associated customer, LV Manager and central files. Maintain consistent communication with the management team regarding the status of the implementation and the overall satisfaction of the customer. Ensure a thorough and successful hand-off of projects to support, post implementation and acceptance.
Responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Develop and implement communication plans to ensure expectations and deadlines are clearly understood from initiation through delivery.
- Identify system and human resource requirements by working with managers and individual departments to ensure availability of required resources.
- Manage day-to-day project communication with clients and project team members, develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and manage project-related expectations.
- Assist with customer site audits in gathering the necessary project information.
- Collaborating with customers and communicate to the project team on project issues, concerns, schedules of deliveries and completion estimates.
- Development and maintenance of a Microsoft project plan for each assigned project concentrating on milestones.
- Providing project documentation, including meeting agendas, monthly reports, meeting follow-ups, and any other identified communication documentation deemed necessary in the project
- Instigating and following change order procedures as needed.
- Maintaining the communication channels between the internal LV project team and the customer project team.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related area. 3-5 years of experience interfacing with customers in a project management role, 2-3 years of IT project management experience.
- Project management experience should include software development project experience. Risk management, project change control and scope definition.
- Experience working with distributed and off-shore teams.
- Must possess strong communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Other desirable skills include: Domain knowledge of laboratory practices and operational activities.
- PMI Certification is also desirable.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org