Job Title: Project Manager – India
Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
Prepared By: PSO
Reports To: Team Manager
A. Job Description Objective
Serving as a primary liaison between the Company and multiple concurrent customer projects having primary responsibility for all project management tasks. This role will also encompass developing, managing and communicating detailed project plans to ensure that tasks are completed on time, within budget, and meet or exceed specifications. Person should have a right balance of strong qualitative and analytical skills. Excellent time management, communication, decision making, presentation, leadership skills, human relations and organizations skills. Proven experience in creating reports for management review and working with teams is required. Excellent knowledge of project management principles and reporting tools including excel is required.
B. Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Rank of Importance: 1
% Allocation: 30
- Develop and maintain project timelines and resources during the length of the project according to corporate plan.
- Ensures that billable projects remain on schedule and within budget.
- Remains aware of any potential problems and works to mitigate risks; facilitating change order procedures as needed.
- Monitors project deliverables and progress through continuous communication with project members.
Rank of Importance: 2
% Allocation: 30
- Establish effective communication with other departments in order to ensure that projects are completed in a timely and effective manner.
- Interface with customer and internal project resources to convey project issues and gain status.
- Maintain customer satisfaction with consistent communication with all external and internal project resources.
Rank of Importance: 3
% Allocation: 25
- Compile monthly invoicing reports for each assigned project and associated resources.
- Compile monthly project status reports and distribute to the associated customer, LV Manager and Central files.
- Maintain constant communication with the sales team regarding the status of implementation and overall satisfaction of the customer.
- Ensure a thorough and successful hand-off of projects to support, post implementation and acceptance.
Rank of Importance: 4
% Allocation: 15
- Interface with Professional Services Managers on project issues including timelines, resource allocations and project issues.
C. Project Manager’s responsibilities include the following:
This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Develop and implement communication programs to ensure expectations and deadlines are clearly understood from initiation through deliver
- Identify system and human resource requirements by working with PMO, managers and individual departments to ensure availability of required resources.
- Manage day-to-day project communication with clients and project team members, develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and manage project related expectations.
- Collaborating with customers and communicate to the project team on project issues, concerns, schedule of deliveries and completion estimates.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive project plan for each assigned project concentrating on milestones.
- Providing project documentation, including meeting agendas, monthly reports, meeting follow ups, and any other identified communication deemed necessary in the project.
- Initiating and following change order procedures as needed.
- Maintaining the communication channels between the internal LV project team and the customer project team.
D. Job Qualifications Necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related are 3 to 5 years of experience interfacing with customers in a project management role, 3 to 5 years of IT Project Management experience.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Projec Project Management experience to include project planning and initiation, risk management, critical success factors, project change control, issue management, status reporting and post-project assessment.
- Must possess strong communication, documentation and organizational skills.
- Other desirable skills include: Client-Server application experience, Oracle and SQL Server Administration, Database Design, domain knowledge of laboratory practices and experience in a programming environment.
- PMI and/or CSM certification is desirable.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org