Solution Engineer – PSO – Managed Services – India
Job Description Objective
As a key member of a LabVantage professional Services team, the Solution Engineer will use their technical abilities to manage and maintain the implemented solutions to meet the customer’s business needs and SLA requirements as defined in the contract. Based on the specific needs, the Managed Services engineer will be responsible for the configuration and implementation of LabVantage software along with troubleshooting any issues that may be reported by the customer.
The Solution Engineer is required to have a thorough understanding of LabVantage product and its API’s to facilitate effective and timely troubleshooting. Interface with Customers and other members of LabVantage is essential to map out the system/performance issues, provide guidance and mentor customer staff on best practices/approach to use LabVantage software.
LabVantage managed services team is a part of LabVantage Professional services. The members of the Managed services team are required to at a minimum follow all the SOP’s defined for professional services along with any PMO directions.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
|Rank of Importance||%_Allocation||Description|
The Solution Engineer responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Willingness to be available on call during weekend, holidays and late evening hours.
- Liaison between customer, support, PSO, and development to streamline maintenance, issue resolution and implementation process.
- Illustrate drive for ease of use and simplicity despite complexity of web and desktop applications.
- As needed, willingness to learn new technology and business concepts quickly.
- Can define and implement interaction and visual design criteria, design guidelines, and
- Perform code reviews prior to implementing changes in production.
- Database design coupled with software documentation, implementation, and installation.
- Willingness to follow guidelines and SOP’s defined by professional services PMO.
- Ability to configure JBOSS application server. Knowledge of Weblogic and Websphere application server is a plus.
- Experience working on Linux OS.
- Define problem domains in terms of business processes, business rules, and requirement for functionality, technology, and delivery to requirement specifications.
- Post-delivery technical support to the customer which includes but not limited to technical point of contact between LV and Customer
- Coordinating issue resolutions
Job Qualifications Necessary
- Minimum BS in Computer Science or equivalent and 3-8 years’ experience working-on/managing enterprise applications.
- Strong relational database knowledge and experience using either Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of JBOSS application server
- Experience working on Linux.
- Experience working on AWS.
- Must have knowledge of LabVantage LIMS, including but not limited to configuration and understanding of LabVantage API’s.
- Other desirable skills include: Applet development, XML, Java Swing, systems analysis, in addition to domain knowledge of laboratory practices and experience working in COBRA-based component development.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org