Software Engineer Testing – R&D – India
Job Description Objective
Person should have a right balance of strong qualitative and analytical skills. Excellent time management, communication, decision making, presentation, human relations and organizations skills. Proven experience in manual and automation testing of software projects. Excellent knowledge of company’s software development design and testing procedures. Verifies that LabVantage products operates as designed.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Software Engineer – Testing’s responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Plan, Design, and Author Test Design Specification (TDS)
- Plan, Design, Author, and Execute Test Cases
- Bug discovery and Bug fix verification
- Develop automation scripts to automate all the historical test scripts for verifying / validating core LV product.
- Develop automation scripts to automate all the functional test scripts created as part of core LV product development / enhancement cycle.
- Configures necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Prepare and maintain JBoss, WebLogic & WebSphere cluster environments.
- Installing LabVantage product, build upgrade, supported 3rd party tools installation and maintenance.
- Writes or assists in the development of Test Plans, Test Procedures, Traceability Matrix, and Test Summary Report
- Test, troubleshoot and critique software components and interfaces in technical depth and completes assigned test-related tasks.
- Assists in review of test processes as they are developed.
- Analyze requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects.
- Participate in feature development and drive Quality into development process
Job Qualifications Necessary
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (B.E/B.Tech/MCA) in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated work experience in software testing or relevant experience in testing. Or 3-5 years of demonstrated work experience in automation testing using any automation tool. Experience in TOSCA is preferable.
- Good documentation skills.
- Passion for Product Quality.
- Experience in App server (JBoss / WebLogic / WebShere) installation and administration would be added advantage.
- Experience in Database sever installation and troubleshooting is appreciated.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent English communication skills- Written and Oral.
- High level of personal accountability and “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations on schedule.
- Experience of LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) software or Work experience in a Lab is a huge advantage.
- Knowledge in Confluence, JIRA & Zephyre is appreciated.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com