Software Engineer – Testing (Performance) – India
Job Description Objective
Person should have a right balance of strong qualitative and analytical skills. Excellent time management, communication, decision making, presentation, leadership skills, human relations and organizations skills. Proven experience in performance and/or automation testing of software projects. Excellent knowledge of company’s software development design and testing procedures. Verifies that LabVantage products operates as designed.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Software Engineer – Testing’s responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Design, Develop & Execute performance tests (load, stress, endurance, fail-over and interoperability) using JMeter and Jenkins
- Expertise in Test Planning, Test Estimation, Test Strategy, Workload Design
- Experience in analyzing the reports and document the observations to identify the bottlenecks
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to address queries and resolve bottlenecks
- Review architectural design for performance risks and potential issues
- Problem solving and thinking laterally as a part of a team or individually to meet the needs of the project
Job Qualifications Necessary
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (B.E/B.Tech/MCA) in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3-5 years of demonstrated work experience in performance testing using JMeter. Jenkins etc.
- Knowledge on APM tools (Dynatrace/ Datadog) is highly preferable
- Knowledge of web protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, WebSocket, WebSocketSecure, XHR) and using a headless browser to access the internet
- Knowledge of JBCS HTTPD, JBoss, WebLogic, WebSphere, Java Applications, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Good documentation skills
- Working knowledge of Windows & Linux. Must have the ability to perform most tasks from command line/terminal
- Knowledge of emerging DevOps methods and tools, such as agile/scrum, continuous integration, and test-driven development
- Must work on fine tuning/load balancing/config setup
- Big-data analysis and intuition
- Strong Analytic skill and problem-solving ability
- Excellent English communication skills- Written and Oral
- High level of personal accountability and “self-managed” attitude to make progress in ambiguous situations
- Experience of LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) software or Work experience in a Lab would be a huge advantage
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com