Software Engineer Development – R&D – India
Job Description Objective
This position requires sound technical knowledge in relevant areas to participate in technical and design discussions as required, to understand technical requirements and to do the necessary developments, testing as per design by the product design team. This position also requires very good communication skills to communicate with overseas Development, Project, Support and other team and with internal / external customers. This position should possess good analytical skill to diagnose complex problems related to product and technology. Should be open minded and have innovative ideas to contribute towards product enrichment. Should be familiar with cross cultural behavior and be ready for overseas traveling.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Understand the development requirement.
- Participate in technical discussion as appropriate.
- Prepare necessary design docs whenever required, e.g. HLD, LLD etc.
- Analyze and diagnose product defects/issues reported by internal/external customers.
- Do the necessary development and fix defects
- Do necessary unit testing
- Do necessary documentation
- Review other team members’ work
- Update SVN, JIRA, Confluence, VC and other necessary configurations.
- Report to Manager and co-ordinate with the team.
- Coordinate with other departments and internal / external customers.
- Provide internal training as and when required.
Job Qualifications Necessary
- Minimum of a B.Sc in Computer Science or BE.
- 3+ years of IT experience among which at least 2.5+ years of programming experience in Java, JSP and JS.
- RDMS knowledge and experience of using either Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Knowledge in GWT, Servlet, JQuery, XML is appreciated.
- IDEs – IntelliJIDEA/Eclipse/NetBeans, etc.
- Configuration Management e.g. SVN, CVS.
- Design – Basics, UML notations, HLD, LLD, Patterns, etc – interpretation, conceptualization.
- Architecture – Basics, Patterns – interpretation, conceptualization.
- JUnit Test Case Authoring.
- Knowledge in business intelligence tools is appreciated (BO, Jasper).
- Knowledge in Confluence & JIRA appreciated.
- Demonstrated strong logical reasoning ability.
- Demonstrated success and strong experience with problem-solving abilities.
- Quality awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skill. Includes verbal and writing skill.
- Excellent in cross cultural behavior.
- Should be ready for overseas traveling.
- Excellent knowledge of company’s product and systems and strong domain knowledge.
- Experience with the complete SDLC.
- Experience in customer interaction/handling will be an added advantage.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com