Business Analyst – PSO – India
Job Description Objective
Interface with customers to understand user business processes and gather their functional requirements needed to configure and customize their new Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). Document system processes and procedures for customer requirements and functionality needs. Working either independently or with other members of the Professional Services team, to analyze and resolve technical project issues, surrounding functional and design requirements.
He / She will work with our offshore and onsite team members and end-users to ensure LIMS meets LabVantage’s Quality Standards and industry best practices. This role is responsible for reviewing, planning, exploratory testing, and compiling documents within the LIMS space.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
Business Analyst responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Generate consulting revenue coupled with the requirements of ensuring that each system configuration is delivered with a high degree of quality and within the required timeframe.
- Developing and implementing appropriate methods for capturing and documenting customer business requirements for system development, third party software integrations and external database interfaces.
- Conducting and facilitating customer workshops for information gathering.
- Collaborating with Application Designer and Application Programmers to implement customer’s solutions.
- Preparation of functional requirements specification (FRS).
- Ensure that proposed FRS and corresponding design is line with the number of consulting days that have been ordered by the customer for this engagement.
- Collaborating with Project Management on project issues, concerns, schedules of deliveries and completion estimates.
- Conduct system reviews and gather feedback from the customer on required changes. Provide input to the Project Manager on any change orders that may be requested by the customer.
- Execute the Acceptance Test Plan (ATP) with the customer, and document all exceptions, and coordinate a resolution plan with the designer/application programmers.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that the developed configuration is handed off to the LabVantage Support Team.
Job Qualifications Necessary
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst in IT industry.
- Working knowledge of the laboratory environment and the various types of instrumentation and instrument software being utilized.
- 2-5 years of experience in Laboratory Informatics Solutions.
- 3-5 years of experience in performing business analysis and/or process re-engineering.
- Must possess strong technical documentation and organizational skills.
- Must be able to facilitate customer workshops and elicit requirements.
- Must possess strong communication skills including written and verbal.
- Working with a geographically distributed team including in different countries/time zones is a plus.
- Approximately 30% – 50% travel
Job Qualification (Preferred)
- Understanding of Agile methodology.
- Pharmaceutical or Biotech industrial experience.
- Experiences on data migration project.
If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com