Customer Support Specialist
LabVantage (LV) is seeking a Customer Support Specialist to join our expanding European team.
Based in our Monza office in Italy, the successful candidate will be a key member of our Customer Support Team and our wider Professional Services Organisation.
The role provides high quality technical applications support to our growing customer base in Italy and throughout EMEA – answering highly complex questions on function and usage of our products. It also serves to convey customer feedback to product development staff.
This is a diverse and involved role, which may also include the provision of some customer training courses and on site services. This is a customer facing role, therefore an outgoing personality is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide help-desk support to the LV customer base for our Laboratory Information Management Products (SQLims and LabVantage LIMS)
- Provide support diagnosis and fixes via telephone and on-line remote access to the customer system as required. Problems and queries will be logged and managed using the LV VantageCare Database.
- Communicate and follow-up product faults with the LV support and software development teams in the US.
- Experience of working with Windows software packages and tools. Experience of Linux/Unix is desirable, but not essential.
- Provide internal support for the LV office WAN – Window PC’s, NT servers, printers and e-mail.
- Keep abreast of product fixes and new releases.
- Provide product training classes to customers at our Monza training facility.
- Assist the implementation teams from time to time in setting up customer environments and building demonstration systems.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Experience with SQLims or LabVantage LIMS preferable
- Fluent Italian and English (both written and spoken). Good verbal and listening skills and an excellent telephone manner.
- Strong customer focus with the tenacity to pursue a problem to its resolution.
- Experience of working with Windows/NT-based software packages and tools.
- Knowledge of working in Java/jsp, and or database understanding (Oracle/SQLServer).
- Ability to assimilate and analyze information and provide solutions to a diverse range of queries.
- Proven presentation/communication skills
LabVantage offers an excellent compensation package, including a salary commensurate with experience, and an outstanding benefits package. For immediate consideration, please send your CV with salary history to:
LabVantage Solutions Europe Ltd
Attn. Lynn Irvine
Buckinghamshire, HP12 3S
or email to email@example.com