Duties and Responsibilities
|Job Title:||Component Engineering – Senior Engineer|
A. Job Description Objective
Senior role within the technical team tasked with implementation and maintenance of re-usable components for implementation of customer solutions and PSO process improvement. Working collaboratively with Product Management Group and across teams to help identify and validate re-use opportunities. Responsible for design and development of specific re-usable components from initial candidate identification through to library item release and maintenance. Active promotion and involvement with component re-use in project implementations.
B. Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/ responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
|Rank of Importance||% Allocation||
|1||50||Implement design, development, testing, maintenance and documentation of re-useable components working with other teams and resources as appropriate, ensuring successful outcome for component objectives.|
|2||20||Support use of re-usable components via demonstration, internal training, and assistance to project implementations.|
|3||10||Collaborate across teams to identify and validate candidate areas for re-usability.|
|4||10||Mentor others in the development and maintenance of re-usable components.|
|5||5||Communicate design issues and requirements between development, marketing, QA in order to design optimal and user applications software.|
|6||5||Build and manage effective internal and external partnerships to ensure delivery of objectives.|
Component Engineering – Senior Engineer responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Development of re-usable components for delivery to customer projects.
- Maintenance and support of existing component library.
- Advisory assistance to PSO in use of components.
- Mentoring of technical resources involved in component work.
- Promotion of knowledge sharing by example.
- Liaison across team boundaries for identification of candidate items for re-use.
- Alignment of component development effort with ongoing product development plans.
- Adherence to company SOPs in the execution of duties.
C. Job Qualifications Necessary
- Scientific/Engineering Bachelors degree or equivalent including significant software development component.
- Expertise and significant experience (5+ years) in development, delivery and support of web based database applications in a commercial project driven environment.
- Experience of LIMS market environment and laboratory operations.
- Experience of laboratory instrument and external system interfacing. E.g. Waters, SAP.
- Understanding of GMP and GLP requirements.
- Must possess strong technical documentation and organizational skills.
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org