Job Description Objective
Interface with customers to understand user business processes and gather their functional requirements needed to configure and customize their new Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS). Document system processes and procedures for customer requirements and functionality needs. Working either independently or with other members of the Professional Services team, to analyze and resolve technical project issues, surrounding functional and design requirements.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below summarizes the primary duties/responsibilities for this position which describes the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by their importance as well as their descriptions.
|1||50||Gather, develop, and document functional business requirements for customer projects. Transform the users’ requirements in to functional requirements leveraging both the
LABVANTAGE architecture and functionality.
|2||20||Interfacing with Configuration Designer and, if necessary, Applications Programmer to ensure the functional requirements and solutions are properly transferred for configuration / development. Review project construction efforts / development.|
|3||15||Interface with Project Management to insure strong communication regarding timelines, deliveries, project issues and changes are addressed.|
|4||10||Provide assistance and guidance to the customer in adding master data to the configuration prior to or during the implementation.|
Business Analyst responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Generate consulting revenue coupled with the requirements of ensuring that each system configuration is delivered with a high degree of quality and within the required timeframe.
- Developing and implementing appropriate methods for capturing and documenting customer business requirements for system development, third party software integrations and external database interfaces.
- Conducting and facilitating customer workshops for information gathering.
- Collaborating with Application Designer and Application Programmers to implement customer’s solutions.
- Preparation of functional requirements specification (FRS).
- Ensure that proposed FRS and corresponding design is line with the number of consulting days that have been ordered by the customer for this engagement.
- Collaborating with Project Management on project issues, concerns, schedules of deliveries and completion estimates.
- Provide day‐to‐day contact for the customer during the implementation.
- Orchestrate system reviews and gather feedback from the customer on required changes.
- Provide input to the Project Manager on any change orders that may be requested by the customer.
- Execute the Acceptance Test Plan (ATP) with the customer, and document all exceptions, and coordinate a resolution plan with the designer/application programmers.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure that the developed configuration is handed off to the LabVantage Support Team.
Job Qualifications Necessary
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a Life Sciences‐related discipline (which includes Chemistry /Biology/Biochemistry/Molecular Medicine/Pharmacology/Pharmaceutical Chemistry /Pharmaceutical Sciences /Cellular Biology/Immunology /Medicine (M.D.)/Chemical Engineering/Biomolecular Engineering/ Biochemical B.S. or advanced science degree) from a top tier university in a quantitative or science related field with a life science focus Engineering, Biomedical Engineering.
- Advanced degree in life sciences, engineering, healthcare, or business.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration is preferable.
- Business Analyst must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree , 3‐5 years of experience interfacing with customers in a consulting environment
- 3+ years of relevant experience in equity research or 4+ years of relevant experience in consulting, investment banking, or industry‐related roles.
- 2‐3 years of experience in performing business analysis and/or process re‐engineering
- Must possess strong technical documentation and organizational skills.
- Must be able to facilitate customer workshops and elicit requirements
- Must possess strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Working with a geographically distributed team including in different countries/time zones is a plus.
- Approximately 30% – 50% travel
Please send resume to Chandrali at firstname.lastname@example.org