160 – Project Preparation Training Syllabus
If you are preparing to launch a new project with LabVantage’s professional services team, you will need an introduction to the software. This three-day course will be delivered just before the project kick-off. The goal is to get you familiar with the capabilities of the application in order to streamline the use of time and efforts during project kickoff, the ensuing workshop, build testing, and end-user acceptance. Depending on the project deliverables, LabVantage may adjust this syllabus as needed.
Prerequisites and Target Audience
System Owner, Project Manager, and Subject Matter Expert (SME) personnel who will be making decisions on how the data architecture will be designed to respond to the specific data storage needs and operational work flows of your implementation.
- Overview: What is LabVantage? How does it work? Connecting to the application. Universal interface features. Understanding security. Navigation techniques. Using the help system.
- Site Maps: What features are available to different user types? Where do I go to access these features? Who will be responsible for different types of administration? Using charts and graphs to prioritize work.
- Sample Life Cycle: How does LabVantage treat data as it flows from one process phase to the next? What is the status of a sample telling me? When does the data get locked to prevent further unauthorized changes? Utilizing various pages to record sample information, receive samples, enter test results, review for accuracy and approve data before releasing and disposing. Incoming samples can be stored in many different places. Banks of shelves, refrigerators, freezers, and incubators house many different samples. Assigning a location makes finding them a snap!
- Queries, Searches, and Reporting: I know the data is in there, how to I retrieve it? Take advantage of the search bar, categories, folders, ad-hoc search, dashboards and system search to give you a picture of what is happening with your data. Just as important as putting data in, is getting data out. Learn how LabVantage incorporates various reports to show you your key performance indicators.
- User Security: Security concepts of LabVantage. How to enable and configure departmental security for shielding data. Restricting access to modules, understanding the role based security module restricting the user access to pages and functionality. Grouping roles together using jobtypes and assigning jobtypes to users.
- Parameters, Parameter Lists, and Test Methods: Gain experience in architecting your laboratory’s master data making it conform to the types of tests you perform on your samples.
- Tests: Configure your test methods to handle calculation functions, rounding, unit conversions, detection limits, and manual data review requirements.
- Specifications: Establish your quality control pass/fail limits to have LabVantage flag the results when they do not meet your criteria.
- Event Plans: Add business logic to your system which can automate functions to fire when values change for a record
- Instruments and Analysts: Identify the instruments that your laboratory uses as well as the calibration and maintenance intervals to make sure preventative maintenance and calibration are performed at the required intervals. Use work orders to demonstrate instrument suitability.
- Export Import: Using the configuration transfer tool for the export of data from one database to facilitate the import into another LV database. Learn how to define a Data File Definition to load data from an Excel or CSV file into LabVantage.
- Other optional modules as required
Typical daily agenda
|Overview||User Security||Event Plans|
|Site Maps||Parameters and Param Lists||Instruments and Analysts|
|Sample Lifecycle||Tests||Export and Import|
|Queries and Searches||Specifications||Introduction to WPD or other modules and Capstone|
Additional information about this curriculum may be found in your project’s Statement of Work (SOW).
Please contact your LabVantage account manager or project manager for recommendations on when this program might benefit you.