Prerequisites and Target Audience
The eForms module is an extension to the core LabVantage feature sets. Although learning to design eForms does not require an understanding of the core application, it is certainly helpful for all students to have completed other courses or have a working knowledge of LabVantage prior to taking on this subject matter. This course is intended for those who will design, program, and implement various types of eForms.
- Using a Simple eForm to Create a Document: Getting started with eForms. Understanding the basic concepts. Creating fields. Basic page layout considerations.
- Advanced Form Design Considerations: Dynamic field properties and forms. Using sections, pages and groups. Simple field data validation.
- Group Attributes and Data Validation: Using checkboxes, radio buttons, understand how simple declarative and complex Groovy validations can be implemented on a form.
- Approvals, Annotations and Follow-Ups: Now that a form has been completed, what kind of data reviews and workflows can be carried out?
- Double Data Entry: Some data is too important to be left open to one person’s interpretation. Learn how to require more than one transcription from paper and how to reconcile the differences.
- Fields and Formlets: Rather than redefining the same components on many different forms, fields and formlets can be used. This is necessary if Ad Hoc queries are to be used.
- Ad Hoc Queries on Document Fields: Capturing data as a document may not make it easy to mine that information. Learn how LabVantage eForms and the Ad Hoc Query tool work together to simplify your search for intelligence within your database.
- Simple Worksheet Setup: Electronic notebook applications allow you to avoid the collection of data on paper and the subsequent need to store that paper. A worksheet is a specialized type of eForm used to address this need.
- Multiple-Item Worksheets: Often, more than one data point is captured on a single page or worksheet. LabVantage eForms support the streamlining of data capture by processing multiple items at once.
Recognizing that every student has a different learning style, LabVantage provides this professionally bound manual to benefit all students especially those who are tactile learners. The student manual consists of 167 pages providing a printed version of each slide used by the instructor during the presentation, along with prepared notes for your reference after the course. There is an entire printed page for each slide making it easy for you to follow along and take notes with the lectures. This workbook has color prints for the exercises leading you though examples of how to make the best use of LabVantage eForms.