< Back to Training
340 – Scientific Data Management System
The embedded Scientific Data Management System (SDMS) will help you securely capture data from different sources including instruments. This two-day course includes instruction for managing the SDMS module. You will learn how to setup and monitor collectors which will be collecting data from a variety of sources. You will then look at using Talend Open Studio to parse and process that data for use within LabVantage. Additionally, you will learn how to manage data captures and attachment storage
Prerequisites and Target Audience
This course is beneficial to application administrators who will be managing the SDMS module. A working knowledge of LabVantage LIMS is expected. Completion of 122-Administration is required. This is a developer-level course. Students should be comfortable using developer tools and have access to the System Admin menus in LabVantage
- Overview: What is SDMS? How does it work? Looking at all the parts of SDMS and how they work together.
- Collectors: Functionality of a collector. Configure a collector to meet your needs. Discuss the difference between an internal and external collector. How is a collector linked to an instrument? Monitoring the collector.
- Collector Types: A look at the types of collectors and how they can be configured. Using emulators to simulate data and test your data captures.
- Data Captures: Monitoring data captures. Status progression and working with data captures.
- Run File Generation: What is a run file? Setup and execution of run files.
- Introduction to Talend: Introduction to Talend Open Studio (TOS). Creating jobs in TOS. Deploying a job to SDMS.
- Talend Components: TOS components available to help you extract information from files.
- Attachment Handlers: Once you’ve collected data, you may need to read the data and perform some actions. Attachment handlers allow us to make use of the data captures we have collected.
- Attachments: What are attachments and where do they go? You may want to use the advanced features of attachments in LIMS to handle different attachments in unique ways
Typical daily agenda
|Overview of SDMS
||Introduction to Talend
|Run File Generation
You will receive a digital copy of the training materials in PDF format. Hands-on scripted exercises are included.