Integration with 3rd Party Instruments & Applications
By constantly leveraging advanced technologies to keep up with competition, laboratories have amassed a variety of instruments and systems over years of operation. These numerous, disparate systems have formed a divergence of procedures, generating mountains of data that’s hard to manage, maintain and integrate. As a result, laboratories have fallen short of achieving their desired results for operational efficiency and quality assurance. In addition, laboratories in a manufacturing environment have traditionally operated autonomously from the rest of their organization. As companies have realized that LIMS provides vital information into manufacturing and enterprise resource planning (ERP) processes, the need to extend laboratory data into the overall business process has become even more critical than ever.
A significant challenge faced by today’s laboratories is to quickly and easily integrate the variety of instruments and systems from which they need to collect and aggregate data. LABVANTAGE unifies your laboratory informatics in a swift, cost-effective manner. We have decades of experience helping customers unite a wide range of instruments and commercial systems in support of their laboratory and business operations. In the realm of both simple and more sophisticated system and instrument integration, LABVANTAGE is a partner you can rely on.
Accelerate the Delivery of Quality Results
LABVANTAGE provides out-of-the-box capabilities that consolidate your heterogeneous data sources, such as instruments and chromatography data management systems. Swift, powerful integration is achieved by leveraging the built-in simple parser and instrument interface which connects to RS232 instruments and returns analytical data directly to LABVANTAGE’s intuitive data entry interface. Analysts and researchers can quickly and easily retrieve the desired analytical results and use those results in subsequent tasks. Further, LABVANTAGE combines ready-to-deploy instrument interfaces with an easy-to-use data file import feature that leverages drag-and-drop actions to import data from a variety of file formats. LABVANTAGE truly enables you to deliver analytical services and results quicker with no compromise on quality.
Unify Your Laboratory And Your Business
Integrating your laboratory and business information and operations is no longer a time-consuming and pricey task. LABVANTAGE quickly and cost-effectively integrates with ERP systems, such as SAP and Oracle JD Edwards. This allows bi-directional data transfer between your business planning and laboratory systems.
LABVANTAGE Enterprise Connector is an embedded technology component of the LABVANTAGE platform that enables end-to-end process integration. This allows disparate applications and systems to exchange information and execute transactions smoothly, operating as if they were a single system. By integrating a variety of systems in a configurable fashion, LABVANTAGE helps businesses achieve their objectives by providing real-time data access for decision-makers with enriched, actionable information.
- Maintain data integrity and reducing data redundancies across multiple systems
- Facilitate data transfer in the laboratory and information sharing throughout the enterprise
- Increase operating productivity with efficient analytical and resource planning data handling
- Enhance overall competitiveness through improved collaboration and information management
Some of the key features of LABVANTAGE Enterprise Connector are
- Identify the direction of messages
- Parse and interpret incoming messages and generate outgoing messages
- Enable synchronous (file-less) or asynchronous (file-based) data transfer
- Map the messages exchanged between ERP and LABVANTAGE through configuration
- Route message processing/handling to LABVANTAGE Actions
- Track both incoming and outgoing messages and associated information
- Allow the system administrator to turn on/turn off message tracking
- Identify failed messages
- Determine the cause of a failure/an error
- Reprocess failed messages
- Resend failed messages