Complex Inventory Management Made Simple by LIMS
An operational challenge for many laboratories is the management, maintenance, and tracking of laboratory consumables. LABVANTAGE Consumables Management supports vendor supplied reagents, as well as self-mixed reagents according to a prescribed “recipe.” It can be used to track quantities either to individual raw units, or alternatively on a container-by-container basis. Definitions can be established for the type and quantity of reagents to be used for each test method. Consumables Management also tracks usage and expiration, providing advanced notification of the expiration and automatic notification of reordering events when reagents are about to expire or be depleted.
A LIMS Can Boost The Efficiency Of Your Inventory Management Process
LABVANTAGE Consumables Management also permits you to define the testing procedure for each reagent assuring that each reagent is of the correct concentration and quality. Quality procedures can be set for testing the reagent, creating certifications for use, and recording specific information about the reagent. Consumables Management may also be coupled with LABVANTAGE Advanced Storage & Logistics for custodial tracking and package handling, and LABVANTAGE CAPA (Corrective Actions & Preventive Actions) for addressing deviations from standard operating procedures.
- Permits definition of different types of consumables
- Identifies which type of consumable is required for each test method or control
- Defines a recipe for “mixing” a known amount of a reagent
- Supports both inventoried and non inventoried reagents
- Permits recording of new reagent lots which are either mixed in house, or purchased
- For mixed reagent lots, parent reagent lots are specified
- For purchased reagent lots, the proper combination of supplier and manufacturer is specified
- For purchased reagent lots, the manufacture’s C of A may be recorded
- For any reagent lot a quality sample may be taken to assure and record the quality of the reagent
- Allows multiple mechanisms for a reagent lot to expire
- Identifies and labels individual reagent containers