Bridgewater, NJ. February 22, 2010. LabVantage today announced the availability of its SAPPHIRE™ Release 5.1 Laboratory Information Management Suite (LIMS). SAPPHIRE is an industry-leading zero footprint and configurable off-the-shelf (COTS) LIMS that consolidates functionality typically found in multiple laboratory systems. SAPPHIRE is readily tailored to manage an organization’s laboratory information across its worldwide R&D pipeline and manufacturing supply chain.
“The R 5.1 release represents another critical milestone in product innovation for enterprise laboratory informatics, further extending SAPPHIRE’s functionality to support operations in the clinical space,” states David Ciabattoni, Senior Director, Software Development of LabVantage. “This is also aligned with LabVantage’s development philosophy – to continuously broaden the spectrum of SAPPHIRE’s functional features on a powerful, pure thin-client technology platform to create an enhanced, modern end-user experience.”
Some of the key SAPPHIRE R5.1 new features and enhancements include:
Most User-Centered Solution – A Revolutionary Approach to Data Collection and Presentation
- New – eForms providing a configurable approach to creating and filling out forms electronically. Without the need for programming skills, eForms replace the traditional way of interacting with paper forms and significantly curtail the learning curve required for familiarizing with new software applications.
- Enhanced – Grid Data Entry leveraging the dynamic techniques to allow real-time rich-data visualization via a grid/spreadsheet enabled interface, creating an end-user centric data entry environment.
Most Functional-Rich LIMS – Continual Innovation for Expanded Functionality
- New – Protocol Management Complete management tool to support clinical protocols.
- New – Kit Management Full-featured logistics and inventory management of clinical kits.
- New – Clinical eForms Electronic forms specifically designed for capturing clinical and patient data.
- Enhanced – Study Management Comprehensive maintenance and tracking for sites, participants, and visits.
- Enhanced – Quality Management Advanced Reduced Testing and Skip-lot Testing along with Sample Planning.
Embedded Validation Support – Automated Configurations Documentation
- New – Configuration Reporting Built-in configuration reporting tools supporting validation efforts.
“The continual enhancements speak to our strong commitment to ensuring that our customers’ investments in SAPPHIRE remain strong, so that SAPPHIRE continues as the software behind our worldwide customers’ success, both today and tomorrow,” affirms Jim Aurelio, President & CEO of LabVantage.