Education Services Technical Trainer
As a Technical Trainer you will be responsible for developing and delivering training curriculum for use in classroom settings, and online courses. We are looking for educators who have experience with laboratory information management software systems.
- A bachelor’s degree in a science field such as chemistry, microbiology, or computer science.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to include presenting in front of a large audience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Some knowledge of a typical laboratory environment such as testing workflows and sample processing.
- Ability to receive instructions and work independently using electronic technology.
- Willingness to travel as much as 50% of the time to possibly include international trips.
- An enthusiasm for computer technology and a zeal for encouraging people towards success through education.
- Designing course outlines, gathering supporting technical documentation and developing course workbooks, trainer notes and support documentation for end user to advanced developer topics.
- Works with engineering, technical support and sales to ensure that course material reflects current product features.
- Conducts technical and administrative training courses for customers and/or employees in the use of complex situations for various industries.
- Instructs participants in both classroom lectures and laboratory sessions.
- Maintains communication with customers to ensure effectiveness of training and follows up to determine applicability of course material and strengthen customer relations.
A preferred candidate will have at least one year of working experience with LabVantage software solutions to include all aspects of configuration and implementation. Other preferred skills are Oracle database administration, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Certification, Jaspersoft Studio, structured query language, JBoss administration, Java programming and system integration.