Design, develop, test and oversee the creation, testing, and delivery of LABVANTAGE system configurations developed by the professional services engineering team, by utilizing key skills such as Java based programming, web development, database and LABVANTAGE product knowledge. The Software Engineer will also provide a mentoring role to all other junior engineering team members. This will include overseeing the technical training of India based Applications Programmers as well as ensuring that they adhere to company coding standards and good programming practices. Additionally, this position will coordinate the activities of India Applications Programming Team with the onshore Business Analyst and Project Managers to deliver projects with high degree of quality.
Primary Job Objectives
The table below gives the primary duties/ responsibilities for this position. It shows the expected allotted time over an extended period for the areas supported by the position as well as the Description of those areas.
|Rank of Importance||% Allocation||
|1||80||Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions. Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Designs and develops LIMS systems using LabVantage product. Conducts testing of the developed LabVantage application.|
|2||10||Gather, develop, and document functional business requirements for customer projects. Transform the users’ requirements in to functional requirements leveraging the both the LabVantage architecture and functionality.|
|3||5||Communicate design issues and requirements between development, marketing, QA in order to design optimal and user applications software|
|4||5||Build and manage effective internal and external partnerships to ensure delivery of objectives.|
Software Engineer responsibilities include the following: This is not an exhaustive task list and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or warranted by immediate manager.
- Write code based on JAVA coding standards; that are neat, well structured, easy to follow and maintain.
- Direct support and ownership of LABVANTAGE Configuration Services.
- Identifying design alternatives when presented within the unexpected.
- Developing server-side components in Java using J2EE framework for web portal.
- Involved in various web-based development projects by creating documentation to existing site and designing/programming future releases.
- Collaborating with project lead to clarify definition of client requirements.
- Defining the problem domain in terms of business processes, business rules, and requirement for functionality, technology, and delivery to requirements specifications.
- It is expected that the software engineer position will also include reviewing feature testing scripts and production problems, etc.
- The Software Engineer must have at least a bachelor degree in Computer Science / Engineering or Masters in Computer Application and 1-4 years of technical experience with creating Java-driven Web Applications.
- Other desirable technical skills include Web Service, Ajax, Groovy and J-Query.
- System Analysis, in addition to domain knowledge of laboratory practices.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify ways to continuously improve processes which will help in delivering superior solutions on time and in budget.
- Good communication skills. Must be able to intelligently present and defend ideas to peers.
- Workable knowledge of Jasper reporting is desirable.
- Approximately 25% of travel
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com