Job Description Objective
Provide LIMS domain expertise for the testing of LABVANTAGE product and SQL*LIMS product. Interface with product management and developers to understand the requirements and build domain specific test cases. Improve the clarity of the requirements to testers by providing domain use cases. Conduct exploratory testing to identify the potential bugs early on during the development process. Work with other testing team members to improve the quality of the product by completing appropriate level of testing.
Primary Job Objectives
- Interface with product management and developers to understand requirements
- Work with the testing team members to complete appropriate level of testing for the requirements by helping testers to understand the functionality as used in laboratories
- Training testing team members and product functionality presentations to other stakeholders
- Resolve technical issues related to functional requirements
- Write domain specific test cases with the inclusion of real life lab scenarios.
- Monitor functional procedures and specifications for their adequacy and compliance to GLP.
- Monitor test cases to ensure adequate coverage of the functionality described in the requirements
- Creation of Test Design Specifications (TDS) and technical specifications
- Bug reporting (specifically exploratory testing), bug verification and executing test cases.
- Project management including change management, delivery timelines and project communication
- Collaborate with product management and developers to understand the requirements, and improve the requirements by providing real life use cases.
- Develop and implement appropriate methods for capturing and documenting business requirements for system development, third party software integrations and external database interfaces
- Conduct and facilitate sessions or workshops to enable testing team members to understand the domain knowledge related to the features being tested.
- Plan, Design, and Author Test Design Specification (TDS)
- Plan, Design, Author, and Execute Test Cases
- Bug discovery and Bug fix verification
- Configures necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Writes or assists in the development of Test Plans, Test Procedures, Traceability Matrix, SOP’s and Test Summary Report.
- Test, troubleshoot and critique software components and interfaces in technical depth and completes assigned test-related tasks.
- Assists in review of test processes as they are developed.
- Analyze requirements during the requirements
- Understand SOP’s, Software Testing methodologies, and LabVantage’s Product: LabVantage and SQLLIMS
Required Job Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences or Computer Science(BS/MS/B.E/B.Tech/MCA) or related discipline
- 3-5 years of demonstrated work experience in software testing and/or development
- 3-5 years of experience in laboratories as Laboratory Analysts or as Lab Managers (Other examples include stability study managers, laboratory scheduling managers, specification managers, batch release and manufacturing tests Managers, Managers of validation methodologies) preferably within a CRO/Pharmaceutical industry
- Laboratory domain experience including laboratory process definition, execution, and analysis of laboratory results
- Must possess strong technical documentation and organization skills.
- Experience in creating use cases by following best practices in the industry
- Passion for Product Quality
- Strong Analytic and Problem solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills- Written and Oral
- High level of personal accountability and “self-starter” attitude in order to make progress in ambiguous situations on schedule
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com